Monday, July 8, 2013

Once Upon a Readathon


I know we just finished one readathon, but since it's the holidays, we're going to do another one! This one's shorter but hopefully we can keep up all the awesome reading that we've been doing. So here are our goals :)



Chantelle
I'm aiming for one book a day. So these are the 3 I hope to cross off my to read list :)


Nara
I don't know how much reading I'm going to get done as we're moving house soon and my dad keeps wanting me to help him build shelves (not even kidding) but I'm still going to aim high haha. I'll try read the vampire academy series by Richelle Mead in preparation for the Love Triangles 101 Post that Chantelle and I are putting up next week :)



Mini Challenge Day 1!
Hosted by Cover2Cover Blog
Nara
1. Which book are you most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.
I'm really really really excited to read The House of Hades by Rick Riordan. The Mark of Athena ended on such a major cliffhanger! And since I can never limit myself to just the one book, I'll mention a few others I'm excited about: Earth Star by Janet Edwards, Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead and A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard :)

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good books?
I'm actually pretty good with rereading books and reread my favourites often, so I'll just name the books I love to read over and over: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. And of course, Harry Potter haha.

3. And lastly, if you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?
Maybe Celaena from Throne of Glass. I mean, the girl is a badass. And she's pretty smart as well. I feel like she'd just be a fun person to hang out with!

Chantelle
1. Which book are you most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.
I am extremely excited for the October release of Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth. I absolutely love the series, massive girl crush on Tris, can not wait for the Divergent movie, have Allegiant pre-ordered, and am basically counting down the days!

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good books?
I would really like to reread My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. My copy from the book depository arrived in the mail today, so it's calling to me from my book shelf, and I just really love that book, it always cheers me up.

3. And lastly, if you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?
Augustus Waters. Please. Somehow. I'd love to meet him and just chat about anything, and watch him limp around, and smoke for its metaphorical resonances, and just say 'okay' a few times.



13 comments:

  1. Chantelle and Nara great books in your list. I checked the Cover2Cover challenge but didn't see it, glad to see it's up now :D

    Good luck on your goals!

    My Once Upon A Read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to both of you on your goals!

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2013/07/once-upon-read-thon-2013-78-710.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals ladies!
    And the whole vampire acadmey books? That's awesome. Once you get going --the flow really well -- so maybe that wont be too hard.

    Jenn @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vampire Academy! I adore that series. Unfortunately I've lost track of which book I'm on (it's either Blood Promise or Spirit Bound) so I really need to just start from the beginning and then finish it finally. It's been too long.

    I'm with you on waiting for House of Hades. MoA's cliffhanger is driving me crazy.

    Good luck both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals and Augustus Waters!!! Yayy!! Good luck to you both!!

    My Once Upon a Readathon Goals & Updates
    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals! I love VA!! I have heard What Happens Next is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series, and My Life Next Door was one of my favorite reads from 2012. Such great books. :)

    Good luck with your reading.

    Here's my goal:
    http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/07/once-upon-readathon-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. One book a day is quite an undertaking. Best of luck with your goals and enjoy.
    My Kick Off Post...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the answers for the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge, Thanks for participating! Good luck during the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an ARC of What Happens Next but I still haven't read it yet. Plus I've read the first two books in the Vampire Academy series so i hope you get far with it Nara!

    Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete