Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tea Party Blog Tag


So, this week (25-30th May), The Notebook Sisters are celebrating their third blogoversary! Woohoo! As part of the celebrations, they've created a tag: The Tea Party Tag! (Because one member of the Sisters, or possibly both- not sure, is slightly obsessed with a certain moth from a certain series that is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland). Anyway, on to my answers!



Just Alice : What book cover(s) has made you super curious?
(Don't You) Forget About Me has a pretty awesome cover. Looks super creepy. The actual book was less creepy and more just plain effed up. Still fairly good though!





Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read.
Amy from Gone Girl is insane. Honestly, I have never read about any other character who has even come close to the level of insanity that this girl has. Seriously.




Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading?
Well, Prince of Wolves was pretty terrible. Honestly, I felt like stabbing someone when reading that book. It's probably the only book with which I'd actually go out of my way to tell people to stay away from. The grammar is terrible, the characters are terrible, the plot is terrible, EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE.





White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up?
I kind of need to read The Name of the Wind. BUT I WILL SOON. I have a copy of it from the library lying on my desk. Actually, I think it's due soon. OH GOD I MUST READ IT ASAP.





Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read?
White Space was ridiculously confusing until about 75% in, where there's this big reveal and HOLY CRAP EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE. I'd actually recommend reading this one if you're patient, because the last 25% of the book is quite amazing.




Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep?
Sekret. Definitely Sekret. God, that book was boring. The pacing was just terrible...







Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile?
How about The Distance Between Us? I don't think it actually made me laugh aloud (not many books do...) it definitely made me smile. And squee. It's just so adorably fluffy.






Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart?
Well, I guess I've loved him since Days of Blood and Starlight, but MY GOD HE'S FREAKING AWESOME IN DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS. Who am I talking about? ZIRRRIIIIII!!! :D Gahhhh I love him.



Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year?
All the villains in the Mistborn series! There's this one villain who is just so well developed, but I don't want to say his name in case spoilers. But man, if you ever want to read an adult epic fantasy series, this is one you should definitely read. It's even got a very readable narrative (so if you're normally a YA reader, it's a pretty good transition series)




Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest?
HEIR OF FIRE. HOLY SHIT HEIR OF FIRE IS AMAZING. GO PREORDER IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. GO. NOW. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU HAVEN'T STARTED THE SERIES. IT'S THAT GOOD THAT YOU SHOULD PREORDER IT. MY GOD.




Feel free to do the tag if you want to as well. It earns you extra points in their giveaway ;)