Sunday, October 19, 2014

Book Tag: 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me


I've been tagged by Joy @ Thoughts by J and Romi @ Where the Writer Comes to Write. Thanks guys!

1. How tall are you?
162cm! I don't know what that is in feet/inches, so you Americans work that out yourself :P

2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
Um...I don't think I do? I don't have any talents that I specifically keep hidden, in any case...
Uh, I play the flute and the piano? Not really hidden, but whatever.

3. What's your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Incorrect basic grammar. Your vs you're, its vs it's. That sort of thing.
I also hate it when blogs have black backgrounds with white writing. Because then when you switch from reading that to reading a normal blog, you're like OH MY GOD MY EYES! THEY BURRRRN!

4. What's your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Oh man, I really hate it when actors in movies/TV shows pretend they can play instruments, and it's completely out of time with the music actually being played. Is it that hard to at least act like you're in time with the music?

Also, incorrect scientific and medical knowledge in books/TV shows/movies etc. Especially ECGs. Seriously people, it's not that hard to look up the correct shape of an ECG trace.

5. What's your favourite song?
I kind of don't have just one...I like listening to a lot of music!
I quite like the How to Train Your Dragon soundtracks.
Also this song has been a recent favourite:


And this remix is also rather glorious:



6. What's your favourite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
I don't really use Etsy. I guess Julie Kagawa's? I like looking at her dragon sculptures.

7. What's your favourite way to spend your free time when you're alone?
Um, reading? haha
I also love watching anime, and reading manga (recent recs: Tokyo Ghoul, Psycho-Pass 2, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
And I also watch some TV, but only watching one show at the moment (Brooklyn Nine Nine).

8. What’s your favourite junk food?
ALL THE JUNK FOOD.
I have a serious sweet tooth, so chocolate, and gummies, and cake, and cookies, and just everything in that general food group.

9. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
Yep! A Maltese x Jack Russell named Donggae (his name is a Korean pun which is kind of hard to explain in writing, so forgive my laziness.)

10. What are your number one favourite nonfiction and fiction books?
I REFUSE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
I will, however, share the most recent addition to my favourites, which was The Crimson Campaign by Brian McClellan. I just loved how all the POVs were very engaging (although Taniel's was my favourite) and the magic system is fantastic!

I haven't read too many nonfiction books. Can't really think of a favourite, to be honest.

11. What’s your favourite beauty product?
I don't really use beauty products...

12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
Maybe the other day when I ran for the bus, and juuust caught up to it as it was about to leave, and the driver refused to open the door and the other people waiting at the bus stop just stared at me. Actually, no, that wasn't really embarrassing, it was just sad, because it meant that I had run for no reason. Running is the worst...

13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Juice! Although then I'd probably get tooth decay. But still juice! It's delicious.

14. What’s your favourite movie?
How to Train Your Dragon! Toothless is just the best thing ever. I want a Toothless.



I also really like Kung Fu Panda.
And Rise of the Guardians.
And Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Gotta love them food puns
You may have noticed I have a love of animated movies.
You would be correct ;)

Anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is freaking awesome as well. Especially Guardians of the Galaxy and The Winter Soldier!

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist prep etc.?
Not gonna lie, I was probably the nerd. But I feel like this question is more targeted at a US audience? We don't actually have prom and cheerleading in Aussie (at least not in Adelaide, where I live) and there's no group that's really the "jock" group, or the "band geek" group.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I actually kind of like it here in Adelaide. It's a great place to live because it's lively enough, but not really crowded. Besides, I'm an introvert, so I probably wouldn't go out that much if I lived in a bigger city anyway.

Scratch that actually, I'd like to live in a similar sized town somewhere in the US so I can attend author events and BEA more easily.

17. PC or Mac?
Definitely PC.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, day, boy/girlfriend?
None that I can think of, to be honest lol

19. Favourite celeb?
I love Jennifer Lawrence (really, who doesn't?)
And Benedict Cumberbatch.
And a lot of the main Marvel actors (Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Pratt).
I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten...

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
EVERYBODY.

I have no idea who's been tagged for this or not, so I'll just tag whoever wants to do it!